Final Exam Care Packages
Why worry about spending your valuable time to buy snacks, pack them up and ship them to campus? Let us take care of it for you!
Notre Dame Student Activities is pleased to offer one of the only self-operated, student-run final exam care package programs across the nation.
In mid-October and mid-March, parents of students living on campus will receive an order form for our final exam care package program. If your student lives off-campus, you can still order a care package for him/her.
WE NOW OFFER THREE GREAT OPTIONS!
Each pack comes in a 167 ounce (that’s more than a gallon!), re-usable plastic bucket and includes a variety of treats, snacks and drink mixes (if your student doesn't want the bucket, we can provide a paper bag and re-use the bucket for another purpose). We even provide a pack of chewing gum to help battle morning breath after all-night studying in LaFortune (in case you didn't know, we open all of our meeting rooms during study days and finals so your student has a clean environment conducive to studying by themselves or with friends).
- Shamrock Pack (healthier snacks)
- Leprechaun Fun Pack (sweet treats)
- The Blue and Gold Pack
Having a hard time figuring out which to order? In case it helps, here's some insight into the 2013 Spring program:
- 51% ordered the Shamrock
- 34% ordered the Leprechaun
- 15% ordered both packages
- 3 % ordered the the Blue and Gold Pack
HERE's HOW IT WORKS
- Place your order online - Online Care Package Orders. Online Order DEADLINE is April 20th, 2014
- You can also mail in your order by using the following PDF Form. Mail Orders must be POSTMARKED by APRIL 16, 2014
- We will take care of the shopping, packaging and preparing your order, which includes a good luck message we will give your student.
- On the morning of the first day of study days, your student will receive an e-mail instructing them to pick up their package from the Information Desk and Box Office located in LaFortune Student Center. We know it's a busy time for your student, so if they don't pick up their package on the first two days of study days, we will send them daily e-mail reminders, and even a text message (if their cell phone number is provided).
When your student picks up their care package, not only will they get their care package, they will also get to select the following:
- one of our officially licensed ND spirit buttons
- an officially licensed postcard with a picture of campus (to send home to grandma, grandpa, mom, dad or another family member and let them know that they aced their final exams!).
A card is also included in the bucket to inform students that they have the opportunity to exchange any items they don't want, and also replensih their pack throughout finals. Students who receive care packages can grab an extra bag of cookies, candy bar or drink mixes simply by asking at the Information Desk. No other care package program offers this level of service!
We timestamp when your student picks up their package, so if you want to check and see when it has been picked up, just call the Information Desk at 574-631-8128 or e-mail us at SAOStore@nd.edu
The contents of the care package are reviewed each semester, and modifications are made based on student feedback. Since starting this program, feedback has resulted in . If you have any ideas, please let us know!
Please know that we are committed to providing the best service possible. As such, you and your student's satisfaction is guaranteed! If you ever have any concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us by e-mail SAOStore@nd.edu or call 574-631-8379 and we will do whatever it takes to resolve any concerns.
This program is an official service of the University of Notre Dame that is offered by the Student Activities. This program is operated by students who assemble and distribute the care packages. Profits from this program provide employment opportunities for students and also fund annual improvements to LaFortune Student Center.
Student Activities also offer a number of other services for parents, including the ND Cake Service delivery program. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call us at: (574) 631-8379 or e-mail us at: SAOStore@nd.edu.
For more information about new and exciting services offered to parents of Notre Dame students, check out the University's ND Parents Page.